This position is for a fixed term, part time contract.
ABOUT BUSHkids ORGANISATION
BUSHkids is a non-Government, not-for-profit organisation which works within local communities to support the development of children by increasing community capacity through education, prevention and early intervention programs.
Children’s Allied Health Services are delivered at regional Centres based in Bundaberg, Dalby, Emerald, Mount Isa and Warwick, with satellite sites delivering Children and Parenting Support Services in Inglewood, Stanthorpe, Kingaroy/Nanango and Agnes Waters/Miriam Vale.
The BUSHkids NDIS Early Start Team are responsible for delivering Early Childhood Early Intervention Services (ECEI) on behalf of the NDIS in Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Gladstone and Emerald under the Partners in the Community Program.
As a result of new NDIS contracts recently awarded to BUSHkids to deliver regional ECEI services, new sites have been established in Maryborough, which will service Fraser Coast, North and South Burnett, Kingaroy and Cherbourg, and Maroochydore, which will service Gympie.
Regional activities are coordinated by a team of support staff located in the BUSHkids offices based in Toowong, Brisbane.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
- Management of BUSHkids’ Children’s Allied Health Services in regional and rural centres and contribute as a core member of the clinical leadership team at BUSHkids.
- Ensure that BUSHkids’ delivers all operational, reporting and outcome requirements relating to funding service agreements.
- Work collaboratively to ensure Children’s Allied Health Services reflect overall aims and key result areas outlined by BUSHkids’ strategic plan
- Ensure BUSHkids’ allied health services implemented are of a high quality, based upon best available evidence and responsive to community needs, in accordance to relevant funding service agreement and key performance indicators
- Provision of line management and professional support to allied health teams, in multidisciplinary paediatric allied health services with a focus on family-centred practice and early intervention, and supporting more vulnerable and at risk members of communities
- Monitoring of service delivery and productivity through data and clinical outcome measures and contribute to reporting requirements of BUSHkids and funders
- Provide professional expertise to help support the ongoing review and planning of services to ensure optimal outcomes for clients and equitable, efficient and transparent service delivery across the organization
- Identify the need for and ensure the development of policies, procedures and guidelines which meet funding service agreement requirements in line with legislative and quality requirements
- Ensure an appropriate and sustainable professional development program is in place to ensure long term quality and success of service offered to children and families through Children’s Allied Health Service
- Support the Clinical Business Service Manager by providing advice on professional development needs within Allied Health Services, or at organization wide level based on service priorities/directions.
- Identify training opportunities that may be utilised by the BUSHkids organisation to meet identified training needs as well as provide income generation for the organisation.
- Lead on recruitment processes in Children’s Allied Health Services and contribute to organisational recruitment processes as required.
- Ensure that processes are in place and followed for probationary period for staff within teams.
- Lead on development, implementation and review of orientation program for new staff members in Allied Health Services teams.
Professional Supervision and Line Management
- Line manage and provide professional leadership, development and support to Allied Health team members
- Provide Allied Health Team Members with advice, support, and direction to promote their personal and professional development
- Facilitate, implement and review the performance and development of team members and professional leads through the performance, appraisal and development process.
Qualifications / Professional Registrations / Other Requirements
Mandatory requirements for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health discipline or human services/public health discipline
- Registration and/or memberships relevant to professional qualification if required
- Working with Children – Blue Card – Positive notice
- Current C Class Queensland Drivers Licence
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination status
The successful applicant will be required to provide certified copies of required documentation prior to formal offer of employment.
- Experience working with families in rural, regional and remote areas
- Experience in managing a funded program in a non-Government organization
- Experience in providing professional supervision
- Relevant post-graduate training and experience
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Demonstrated high level skills in service planning, implementation and quality improvement with the ability to lead people and initiatives across settings to achieve service improvements and sustainable work practices in line with service agreements
Advanced level of clinical knowledge and skills in the management and provision of multidisciplinary paediatric Allied Health services to children and families with emphasis on early intervention and family-centred practice.
Demonstrated ability to provide professional and operational management to multidisciplinary Allied Health teams – including developing and maintain collaborative partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
Demonstrated high level of communication, consultation and negotiation skills to direct/drive service delivery and provide leadership and support to both Allied Health teams and management. Demonstrated ability to provide professional advice to management and other stakeholders regarding service development and direction.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are to submit a brief resume and a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role by addressing the above Key Selection Criteria.
People with a disability or people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or CALD communities are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications received directly from SEEK or recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
The full job description with further information about the position can be downloaded here.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is close of business Monday 17th December 2018.
Enquiries can be directed to Services Manager – Children’s Allied Health Services contact via phone 07 3870 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org