View our Privacy and Confidentiality of Donor Information Procedure for information regarding how we manage your donor information.
View our Bequests and Donations Policy for information regarding how we manage Bequests and Donations.
This web page does not collect or retain any personal information regarding the users of this site. However, should you choose to use our online donation facilities, BUSHkids will hold the information sent to:
- Maintain contacts with our donors
- Inform our supporters of our work with rural children and their families
- Comply with necessary business and accounting standards
- Comply with Australian Taxation Office requirements
Non-personal information, such as gathering of statistics to gauge web page use, is retained by BUSHkids.
The information you send through the donation facility is protected by the latest encryption technology. Information such as credit card details are kept private and strictly confidential.
The information sent to us is used to:
- Administer and manage our mailing campaigns
- Inform you about our work in the regional communities
- Provide information to Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required by law (e.g. Australian Taxation Office if required)
- To develop our appeals for funds
We may at times disclose your information to external service providers for the production of appeal correspondence, excluding receipts, such as:
- Mailing houses
- Information technology service providers
These companies are strictly prohibited from using this information for any other purpose. Our database information is not provided to any other marketing agencies.
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. For privacy and security reasons you will be asked to put your request in writing. To enable us to verify your request we require you to advise the following:
- Your donor number (where applicable)
- Full name
- Phone number
- Proof of identity, e.g. driver’s license, Medicare card