The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the most significant social reform program in Australia since the introduction of Medicare in the 1970s, transferring responsibility for funding disability support from state governments to a new federal agency, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
The NDIS was progressively rolled out across Queensland and became available statewide from 30 June 2019. BUSHkids is an NDIS Partner in the Community, and we are contracted to provide the Early Childhood Approach (ECA) services in the Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast, Fraser Coast, Rockhampton and Central Queensland areas.
The ECA is a new program fully funded by the NDIA designed to help children younger than 6 years with developmental delays, or children younger than 9 years with a disability, to access the specialised supports and services they and their families need to achieve better long-term outcomes. ECA is being provided through specialist Early Childhood Partners such as BUSHkids.
As an Early Childhood Partner, BUSHkids supports families of children with developmental delay and/or disability, and provides the support needed to improve the child’s development. Where a child requires more intensive early intervention supports, BUSHkids staff work with the family to develop an NDIS plan to access the support funding the child needs on a more long-term basis.
BUSHkids will work with you and your child to:
- provide timely support to ensure you access the supports you need.
- give you information about best-practice early childhood intervention supports and how you can help your child.
- increase your confidence and capacity to manage and respond to your child’s support needs.
- increase your child’s ability to do activities they need or want to do throughout their day.
- increase your child’s inclusion and participation in mainstream and community settings like childcare or recreation.
- give you information about, and referrals to, other support services if needed, like parent support groups.
NDIS Availability in Queensland
For more about the availability of NDIS in Queensland go to https://www.ndis.gov.au/understanding/ndis-each-state/queensland
To find out if you are eligible for NDIS provided services, go to https://www.ndis.gov.au/understanding/families-and-carers/early-childhood-approach-children-younger-9
NDIS Early Childhood Approach
For more about the NDIA’s early intervention approach watch the below video, or find the video and related article here http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/ndis_early_intervention_video.html
For more information on the Early Childhood Approach please contact one of our friendly teams in your region.